Mists of the Soul

I have been a spiritual seeker of the path most of my life, as most I am a combination of many universal traditons ideals and beliefs and talents. I lean towards Native American, because the energies of where I live. Lakota tribal land in NNW Iowa, USA My journey began in search of the Great Flood in religions, and I wandered from there... Seeker, Guide, Artist, Watercolorist. Calligrapher

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mists of Mind

Your eyes are open yet all you see in your mind is a dull white grayness. Silent you hear nothing. You feel nothing. You are unmoveable wrapped up in this white mist Just mist forever.....

In Alaska, the Native Americans have many many names for white. Our world is so narrow, we only have a few. Artists use 9 from white to black, a good artist uses 15 grades. They say the most popular color of interior paint is white 300 shades. But none of that is what this mist is.

This is a mist of the mind, when the mind turns off from something it cannot handle or explain or is just no longer up to struggling with it. In our world turned upside down in the last few months, and people beyond the coping point, they fall into this mist.

The mist is sancutary, a safe place to rest and regroup, to hear finally your spirit making you understand it will be alright. It might not be fair, but then no one ever promised this pathway thru this life would be. Time to pull up your boot straps and get out there and do the work, people are in need, an old medicine man once told me.

Know that however bad things may seem, it is usually your fear speaking. When you can reach again to your inner spirit, then you KNOW what is real, what is really important, what really matters. And then you can go on with your life's path.

For you are loved always, and unconditionally no matter what happens or where you go. A smile will do miracles.

So when you encounter the mist of the mind, fear not, take a deep breath, and hold on, and know you are loved and taken care of.

Always
Dancing Mists




1 Comments:

Blogger Zareba said...

Sanctuary

Many years ago, I created a special place in my mind to be able to go when I needed to. We all need such a place and we need to go to it when our spirit needs healing and rest, or when we need to commune with the Creator to ask for wisdom.

Some want to create such a space but do not even begin to know how. I pictured a blank canvas in my mind and began adding elements as they arose and demanded to be added. Ultimately, I had created a clearing in an oaken forest with a stream burbling down one side with some very large rocks beside it. There is also a trail leading to a stone cottage with a thatched roof. The clearing is filled with bird songs, butterflies and other wildlife. I sit upon a flat rock and meditate, soaking in the sunlight and the peace that surrounds me there. When I am renewed, I rise and walk out of the clearing into my daily life.

If I simply need to run away for a wee while, I ascend to the attic of my mind, where I have created a dormer window and window seat that looks out over the fields and forests with a bubbling brook. There I curl up on the window seat and write a good book.

You may join me there, Dear One.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home